11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

Put the verbs into the correct form

 Put the verbs into the correct form.
Julia and Kevin are old friends. They meet by chance at a station.
JULIA: Hello, Kevin, (1 ) …………………….. (I /not/see) you for ages. How are you?
KEVIN: I'm fine. How about you? (2)………………… (you/look) well.
JULIA: Yes, I'm very well thanks. So, (3)………………………………( you / go ) somewhere or ( 4 ) ……………………………………( you / meet ) somebody off a train?
KEVIN : ( 5)…………………. (I/go) to London for a business meeting.
JULIA : Oh. {6}……………………………. (you/often/go) away on business?
KEVIN : Quite often, yes. And you? Where (7)……………………….. (you/go)?
JULIA . Nowhere.( 8 ) …………………………..(I/meet) a friend. Unfortunately, her train ( 9 ) …………(be) delayed - (10) ……………………………..(I/wait) here for nearly an hour.
KEVIN: How are your children?
]ULiA: They're all fine, thanks. The youngest ( 11 )……………….. (just/start) school. .
KEVIN; How (12} ……………………………………… (she/get) on?(13) …………………. (she/ like) it?
JULIA: Yes, (14) …………………. (she/think) it's great.
KEVIN : (15) ………………………..(you/work) at the moment? When I last (16)…………… (speak) to you, ( 17) ………………………………………..(you/work) in a travel agency.
JULIA: That's right. Unfortunately, the firm (18 )……………………. (go) out of business a couple of months after (19 ) ……………………… (I/start) work there, so ( 20 )………………. (I/lose) my job.
KEVIN And (21 ) …………………………… (you/not/have) a job since then?
JULIA : Not a permanent job. (22)………………………………. (I/have) a few temporary job.By the way, (23 )……………………………. (you/see) joe recently?
KEVIN : Joe? He's in Canada.
JULIA : Really? How long (24)……………………………… (he/be) in Canada?
KEVIN: About a year now.( 25 ) ……………………… (I/see) him a few days before (26)………(he/go). (27)……………………………………….. (he/be) unemployed for months, so (28)…………. (he/decide) to try his luck somewhere else. (29) …………………….. (he/really/look forward} to going.
JULIA: So, what (30) …………………………………………. (he/do) there?
KEVIN : I've no idea. (31)………………………………. (I/not/hear) from him since (32)………(he/leave). Anyway, I must go and catch my train. It was really nice to see you again.
JULIA : You too. Bye. Have a good journey.
KEVIN: Thanks. Bye.
1 I haven't seen 9 has been 17 you were working 25 I saw
2 You look / You're looking 10 I've been waiting 18 went 26 he went
3 are you going 11 has just started 19 I started / I had started 27 He had been
4 are you meeting 12 is she getting 20 Host 28 he decided / he'd decided
5 I'm going 13 Does she like 21 you haven't had 29 He was really looking forward
6 Do you often go 14 she thinks 22 I've had 30 is he doing


7 are you going 15 Are you working 23 have you seen
8 I'm meeting 16. spoke 24 has he been
31 I haven’t heard 32 he left

5 yorum:


Sitetistik