11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

Put the verb into the most suitable form

 Put the verb into the most suitable form.
1 "Who (invent) the bicycle?
2 'Do you still have a headache?' 'No, (it/go). I'm all right now.'
3 I was the last to leave the office. Everybody else (go) home.
4 What (yon/do) last weekend? (you/go) away?
5 I like your car. How long (you/have) it?
6 We decided not to go out because (it/rain) quite hard.
7 Jill is an experienced teacher (she/teach) for 15 years.
8 (I/buy) a new jacket last week but (I /not/wear) it yet.
9 A few days ago (I/see) a man at a party whose face (be) very familiar. AT first I couldn't think where (I/see) him before. Then suddenly (I/remember) who...... (it/be).
10 (you/hear] of Agatha Christie? (she/be) a writer who............ (die) in 1976 (she/write) more than 70 detective novels (you/read] any of them?
11 A: What (this word /mean}?
B: I've no idea (I/never/see) it before. Look it up in the dictionary.
12 A: (you/arrive) at the theatre in time for the play last night?
B: No, we were late. By the time we got there, (it/al ready/begin).
13 I went to John's room and (knock) on the door but there ……………….. (be) no answer. Either ...........................................(he/go) out or ......................................(he/not/want) to see anyone.
14 Angela asked me how to use the photocopier (she/never/use) it before, so (she/not/know) what to do.
15 Mary (go) for a swim after work yesterday. (she/need) some exercise because (she/sit) in an office all day in front of a computer.

1 invented
2 it's gone / it has gone
3 had gone
4 did you do ... Did you go
5 have you had


6 it was raining
7 She has been teaching
8 1 bought... I haven't worn
9 I saw ... was ... I'd seen/I had
seen ... I remembered ... it was
10 Have you heard ... She was ...
died ... She wrote ... Have you
read 11 does this word mean ... I've never seen
12 Did you arrive ... it had already begun
13 knocked ... was ... he'd gone /
he had gone ... he didn't want
14 She'd never used / She had never
used ... she didn't know
15 went ... She needed ... she'd been
sitting / she had been sitting

3 yorum:

  1. My spouse and i experienced several intricacies using this web-site, I'd in order to rekindle it a great deal of instances just before this to be able to load correctly. I had been questioning in case your internet hosting is alright? Not really that I will be moaning, yet gradual running scenarios instances will very frequently have an affect on your current location on the web and will harm your current superior score in the event selling along with digg. In any case I’m including this Rss or atom for you to my own e-mail and can even look out for more like your respected interesting content.
    Feel free to visit my page ; Cheap Car Insurance For Young Drivers

    YanıtlaSil
  2. A has decided to learn a language

    YanıtlaSil


Sitetistik