17 Ekim 2009 Cumartesi

Choose The Best Alternative 9

Unit 9 test
Choose the best alternative to fill the gap in each of the following sentences.
1 Let me give you advice. Forget about Tony.
A an B the C a piece D some
2 Watching news on television is always so depressing.
A a B the C a piece D some
3 These trousers fit me properly.
A don't B doesn't C isn't D aren't
4 We had weather while we were on holiday
A a nice B nice C the nice D nicest
5 I wonder if you could give me Are there any good
restaurants near the hotel?
A some informations B an information C some information D informations
6 Would you like toast?
A another slice B another sheet C another lump D more
7 I think we should put our wedding for a few
months.
A up B off C over D through
8 It took the fire brigade a couple of hours to put the
fire
A down B over C out D under
9 Could you put me to Mr. Ralph Johnson?
A up B over C in D through
10 I just couldn't put his terrible behaviour any more.
A up to B up with C down with D down to
11 Do you think you could put me for a few days when
I come to London next week?
A down B in C over D up
12 Can you manage to put any money from your
salary?
A down B in C by D up
13 Tom was very upset when their old dog had to be
put
A out B down C by D over

14 Can you pass me a knife? I want to these onions.
A chop B roll C fry D grate
15 I don't think I could eat any but I'd like a coffee.
A main course B starter C dessert
D second helping
16 Can you the soup while I slice the bread?
A sprinkle B whisk C stir D roll
17 This time next week on the beach in Greece.
A I'll lie B I'll be lying C I am lying D I lie
18 By the time you get home, I painting the bathroom.
A will have finished B 'II finish C am finishing D finish
19 I Mary to marry me. I've been thinking about it for
ages.
A am going to. ask B 'II ask C will have asked D ask
20 Could you go down to the baker's and get me a of
bread and a couple of jam doughnuts?
A slice B piece C loaf D lump
21 My sister works on the in the local supermarket on
Saturday mornings.
A check-in B check-up C check-through D check-out
22 We had to wait in a in the post office for over ten
minutes.
A row B file C line D queue
23 I lost the receipt and the shop assistant refused to give
me a
A discount B refund C guarantee D exchange
24 They said they could order it for me because they didn't
have my size in
A shop B hold C store D stock
25 Our local supermarket charges a lot to groceries.
A bring B carry C deliver D bear


Key: Unit 9 test
1 D; 2 B; 3 A; 4 B; 5 C; 6 D; 7 B; 8 C; 9 D; 10 B; 11 D;
12 C; 13 B; 14 A; 15 C; 16 C; 17 B; 18 A; 19 A; 20 C;
21 D; 22 D; 23 B; 24 D; 25 C

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder


Sitetistik