14 Ekim 2009 Çarşamba

Past Simple or Present Perfect

8. Mark missed his physics examination this morning because he He______________a lot since the beginning of the semester. He'd better buy a new alarm clock, (oversleep)

• Put each of the following verbs into either the past simple or present perfect.
1. Jack (live) in Boston for the past 15 years.
2. Janet (work) for Smith and Brothers before she came to work for us.
3. Dad (you/finish) reading the paper yet?
4. I would love to visit Prague sometime. Unfortunately, I (be/never) there.
5. Peter (play) Tennis for five years when he (be) at school.
6. Jane: Can you help me? I (finish) my homework, but I still don't understand number 7.
7. I (work) in Italy for 5 years. I (begin) work as soon as I arrived.
8. I'm afraid I'm not hungry. I (eat/already).
9. When Jack was at school, he (learn) to play the saxophone. He (play) it ever since.
10. Could you give me some advice? I (buy) this sweater at Macy's. Do you think I should take it back?
11. Maria lives in Boston. Before she (move)here, she (live) in Seattle for 3 years.
12. Peter (go) to Paris last year. That means that he (be) to Paris 3 times!
13. Just a moment! I (think) of a good idea yet!
14. Maria (believe) that for ages!
15. How long (you/live) there before coming here?
Put the verbs in brackets into the past simple or the present perfect simple.
1 A: I ...went... (go) to the new gym yesterday.
B: It's good, isn't it? I (go) there a few times.
2 A : (you/write) to Simon lately?
B: Yes, I (write) him a letter last week.
3 A: How long (you/be) married?
B: Only for six months. I (get) married last December.
4 A: I (not/see) Sam for a long time.
B: Really? I (see) him yesterday at the swimming pool.
5 A: (you/type) the report yet?
B: Yes, I (finish) it half an hour ago.
6 A: Mary (know) Steven for six years.
B: When (they/meet)?
A: When they (be) at university together.
7 A: (you/ever/play) rugby?
B: Yes, I have. I (play) for the first time last week.
8 A: James (write) a new book last year.
B: I know. I (read) some great reviews about it in the newspaper.
Put the verbs in brackets into the past simple or the present perfect simple.
Dear Margaret,

Thank you very much for your letter which I 1) ...received... (receive) last week. I 2)................(be) really happy to hear from you after all this time. I've got a lot of news to tell you about myself. I 3) ....................... (get) a new job nine months ago. I work as a reporter for our local TV station now. I 4) .................... (have) many interesting experiences so far. When I first 5).......................... (start) work, the manager 6)............................ (ask) me to interview our old school headmaster. He 7)...................... (be) so surprised to see me with a microphone in my hand! Last month, a fire 8) ................... (break out) in a big/actory in the area. I 9)..................... (be) the only reporter who 10).............................(manage) to talk to the owner! That 11)..............................(make) me feel very proud. As you can see, I enjoy my job very much. I 12)...... .............................. (meet) a lot of important people and I 13) ......................... (have) the opportunity to see lots of new places. I 14)......................... (buy) a new car because my old one 15).............................. (break down) a couple of weeks ago.
I have to go now because they 16) ....................... (just/inform) me that I have to fly by helicopter to Middleford. I have to talk to people whose homes were damaged by the storm which 17)....................(hit) the area last night. You see, I don't have a moment's rest!
Keep in touch.
Love, Rosie
Put the verbs in brackets into the present perfect simple or the past simple.
A: Hello, Billy. I 1) ………………… (not/see) you for a long time.
B: Yes, I 2)..........................(be) very busy recently.
A: Really? Tell me what you 3) ............................... (do) since we last 4)............................(see) each other.
B: Well, I 5).............................(get) my degree last month and then I 6)...........................(move) house.
A: When 7)................................................(you/move)?
B: Last week, but I 8)..................................................... (not/unpack) everything yet.
A: I 9) ..................................... (phone) you on Tuesday but there 10)...........................(be) no answer.
B: I 11) ............................... (be) busy at my new house then.
A: Never mind, I only 12)....................................(want) to invite you to a party next week at my house.
B: Great! Thank you.

Put the verbs in brackets into the present perfect simple or the past simple.
1 Mr and Mrs Patel ...won... (win) two free tickets to Paris in a TV show last week.
2 First, Robert.................... (brush) his teeth, then he ....................(go) to bed.
3 '.............................(you/ever/see) a lion?' 'Yes, I saw one when I..........................(go) to Kenya in 1996.'
4 I.............................(not/see) my family for two years.
5 'Where's John?' 'He.......................................... (go) fishing for the day with his father.'
6 My sister..............................................(not/play) the violin since she was twelve.
7 I......................................................(already/see) this film. Let's watch something else.
8 Last week, Fred ...................................... (fall) off a ladder and.......................................(break) his arm.
9 I......................................(never/hear) such a moving song before.
10 Jennifer................................................(always/want) to get Harrison Ford's autograph.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder


Sitetistik