11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

Past continuous (was doing)/used to

 Complete the sentences using the past continuous (was doing) or used to... . Use the verb in brackets.

1 I haven't been to the cinema for ages now. We ....................used to go............ ......... lot. (go)
2 Ann didn't see me wave to her. She.................was looking....... in the other direction, (look)
3 I ....................................... a lot but I don't use my car very much these days, (drive)
4 I asked the driver to slow down. She ..................................too fast, (drive)
5 Rose and Jim met for the first time when they ................at university. (study)
6 When I was a child, I ...............................................a lot of bad dreams, (have)
7 When the phone rang, I .....................................................a shower, (have]
8 'Where were you yesterday afternoon?' 'I .................................volleyball.' (play)
9 'Do you do any sports?' 'Not these days. I .......................volleyball.' (play)
10 George looked1 very nice. He ......................................a very nice suit, (wear)
Answer :
3 used to drive
4 was driving
5 were studying
6 used to have
7 was having
8 was playing
9 used to play
10 was wearing
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.
1. Tony ,. bought. (buy) a new shirt last Monday.
2. Ann is a teacher. She (teach) for fifteen years.
3. She (cook) lunch before the children came home.
4. How long (you / have) a driving licence?
5. She (type) some letters when the boss asked her into his office.
He (drive) for an hour when he reached the village

1 yorum:


Sitetistik