11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

LIKE / AS

PART A: Like or As?
1. He died ___________ he lived, fighting.
2. Being in love is ___________ an illness.
3. It's repaired ___________ you can see.
4. In Paris, ___________ in Rome, traffic is heavy.
5. His eyes are __________ knives.
6. My sister isn't at all ___________ me.
7. She left ___________ she came, silently.
8. You're self-confident, __________ me.
9. Your smile is ____________ your mother's.
10. ___________ I said, you're too late.

PART B: Choose an item from the box for each blank and write it with like or as.

a person a secretary a dessert
a union representative an angel
an office cardboard he writes
her mother you know
John Smith


1. Susan sings like an angel.
2. I worked _________________ for five years.
3. Henry uses the dining room ___________________.
4. That cat snores just ___________________.
5. You see Tom Cruise in this film ____________________.
6. I've come to this meeting _________________.
7. This bread tastes _________________.
8. James speaks _________________: carefully and precisely.
9. She's clever and passionate - ________________.
10. Why don't we have ice cream _________________?

PART C: Put as or like into each gap.
1. I'll be back in touch _________ soon ___________ possible.
2. This wine tastes ___________ vinegar.
3. I've known Kyle for years. He went to the same school __________ I did.
4. My sister's a nurse, ____________ me.
5. "We had a new teacher today called Helen."
"What's she ________?"
6. Who do I look ___________, my mother or my father?
7. She really annoys me. I can't stand people _____________ her.
8. I'll see you tomorrow at 12.00, ____________ usual.
9. It's June and the weather is awful! It's __________ winter.
10. I need to buy all sorts of things _____________ socks, shirts and knickers.
11. My wife has found a job _____________ a secretary.
12. Dave drinks _____________ a fish! I’ve never seen anyone drink as much.
13. My friend has a car ___________ yours.
14. Don't touch anything. Leave everything ____________ it is.
15. It's freezing. My feet are ____________ blocks of ice.
16. I joined the company _____________ a secretary.
17. Their garden is in a terrible mess. It looks ___________ a jungle.
18. I prefer bright colours, ____________ yellow and red.
19. When you have finished, put everything back ___________ it was before.
20. The building looks more ____________ a church than a bank.
21. Stop behaving ______________ a fool.
22. Nobody else can make me laugh quite ____________ she can.
ANSWER KEY
MATERIAL TITLE : LIKE / AS

ANSWER KEY
PART A:
1. as 2. like 3. as 4. as/like 5. like
6. like 7. as 8. like 9. like 10. as

PART B:
2. as a secretary / union representative 3. as an office
4. like a person 5. as John Smith
6. as a union representative 7. like cardboard
8. as he writes 9. like her mother
10.as a dessert

PART C:
1. as…..as
2. like
3. as
4. like
5. like
6. like
7. like
8. as
9. like
10. like
11. as
12. like
13. like
14. as
15. like
16. as
17. like
18. like
19. as (like is also possible in informal style)
20. like
21. like
22. as (like is also possible in informal style)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder


Sitetistik