11 Ekim 2009 Pazar

Choose the right tenses

1 Choose the right tenses (present perfect, past or past perfect; simple or progressive).
( How works English page 172 – 173 )
1 Reports are coming in that a train …………………………………………….( crash ) near Birmingham. According to eyewitnesses, it ………………………………………………..(hit) a concrete block which somebody ……………………………………..…………(put) on the line.
2 Halfway lo the office Paul …………………………………….. ( turn) round and ………………………….{go) back home, because he ……………………………………………….(forget) to turn the gas off.
3 I …………………………(do) housework all day today. I …………………(clean) every room in the house.
4 I ………………………….(lie) in bed thinking about getting up when the doorbell ………………….(ring).
5 It wasn't surprising that she ………………………………………………………(start) gelling toothache. She………………………………………. (not go) to the dentist for two years.
6 I ……………………………………………………..(play) a lot of bridge recently.
7 When I ……………………………….(get) home everybody …………………………………( watch) TV.
8 We…………………………………………………………….. (not see ) your mother for ages.
9 How long ……………………………………………………………………….(you learn) English?
10 London …………………………….(change) a lot since we first ……………………………(come) lo live here.
11 'How many times ………………………. (you see) this film?' 'This is the first time I ………….……..(see) it.'
12 'Who's that?' 'I ……………………………………………….. (never see) him before in my life.'
13 I hear Joe ………………………………………………………….(set) married last summer.
14 I ………………………………………..(often wonder) where she ……………………….(get) her money.
15 ……………………………………………………………………..(You read) Pam .Marshall's latest book?
16 They …………………………….….(just discover) a new fuel - it's half the price of petrol, and much cleaner.
17 ……………………………………………………………………………….(You hear) the storm last night?
18 My sister …………………………………………………………….. ( be) married three times.
19 While she ……………………………………….(talk) on the phone the children ……………………..(start) lighting and …………………………………………………(break) a window.
20 He used to talk to us for hours about all the interesting things he …………………………..…..(do) in his life.
21 You know, she……………………………………... (stand) looking at that picture for-the last twenty minutes.
22 The old cross …………………………………….(stand) on top of the hill as long as anybody can remember.
23 I ………………………………….(spend) a lot of time travelling since I (get)……………………… this new job.
24 When I ……………………………………(be) at school we all …………………………………(study) Latin.
25 After he ……………………………(finish) breakfast he ………….…………(sit) down to write some letters.
26 When I ( meet)………………………………… him he (work)………………………… as a waiter for a year or so.
27 I ………………………………………………………………… (never learn) to ski.
28 ……………………………………………………………………. (you finish) with the bathroom yet?
29 We ………………………………….. (live) in Scotland until I ….……………………………..(be) eighteen.
30 She ………………………………………………………(have) a hard life, but she's always smiling.

1 yorum:


Sitetistik